Sunday, January 26, 2014

Crocheted Baskets




















What does Monty Python say ...."and now for something completely different."  Well Tim and I would say..."and now for something completely gay."  We have some older pottery containers that were very expensive but the colors weren't right for the living room.  I had been looking at Home Goods for some cheap braided baskets to mask the pots but could never find the right size.  I decided that my only option was to make the baskets myself.  Now, I remember how much I hated macrame - and I didn't want these to look like some 70's throw back project.  I must have looked at a gazillion patterns on Pinterest until I found the right one.  I used a heathered wool/acrylic yarn from Lion Brand Studio and used four skeins and a really large crochet hook .  I didn't want handles because I felt that they would just never be usable to lift anything. So, with just single crochet and the four ply yarn - Voila - a basket.   I made the basket large enough to fold down and hide the top of the pottery.  They are perfect - cover the pot, fit perfectly and were so fast to make. I plan on making several others and varying the colors of the heathered yarn and it probably cost more then baskets but they work so much better and look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment