Sunday, January 19, 2014

Mudroom Remodel

























A winter full of projects.  I cleared the basement this year to be able to work and store a lot of projects that I would normally wait till warmer weather to tackle.   I am putting the last coats of paint on the massive living room window box that I started last spring.  However, with so much time spent indoors with the Polar Vortex outside making a nuisance of itself - I tackle some larger projects upstairs as well.  One of the projects is re-doing the back mudroom.  I painted, wallpapered and lay tile for the last few weeks and next steps are to get the tile grouted and sealed and bead board paneling and trim up and mounted.  The back hall will not only be more useful but far more attractive.  I want to replace the back door with half glass door for more light since it gets western exposure but that will wait till warmer weather.  Feeling fearless after tiling and wallpapering.  Not that I haven't done either before but it just reinforces the fact that if I want to learn something new and do it myself - anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment