Sunday, April 17, 2011

For Chris

There isn't a day I don't think about my brother, Chris, who died 6 years ago today. I miss him terribly. I cannot imagine what it must be like to lose a child and I cannot begin to know what my parents have gone through with his death. However, sometimes I think it's even more difficult for siblings. I try not to talk about him too much with my parents because I just don't want to inflict any more pain. I grieve alone most of the time. There are those awkward silences in our conversations when we all realize we are thinking the same thing but we don't say anything. It's too painful. Chris was always laughing, always being a clown. I miss the joy he brought to our family. It cannot be replaced.
Without being able to share my memories of him, I feel that he just disappeared. I just wanted to share him with someone today. I miss you Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment