Monday, April 4, 2011

DIY PROJECT: Upholstered Headboards

Do you know how hard it is to find stylish, affordable twin headboards for an adult guest room? Ok, I won't tell you. I couldn't find what I wanted so I decided to make our own. Zarin Fabrics in NY for the 4" foam, spray adhesive, printed linen fabric and nailheads. One stop shopping. Lowes for the plywood. I cut the plywood to size, stapled the fabric to the plywood, sprayed the foam adhesive and put the foam into place. All of this took no time at all. However, two hours of measuring and placing and hammering the nailheads into place. It is impossible to keep those things in line. However, I was really happy with the results. The drapes and bedskirts match the headboards. A little paint and some wainscoting and the room will be perfect. Now all I need is another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment