Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bovina - Things To Do - The Library

I love branch libraries. They remind me of being a kid. Instead of going to the pool for the summer, I would go the library. My dad hung a hammock under a shade tree in the backyard over a sandbox. I would spend the entire summer lying in that hammock reading C.S.Lewis, Harriet the Spy and The Hobbit. Despite how small the town of Bovina is, it does have a branch library. When we started coming upstate, I couldn't wait to get my Bovina library card. I don't mind that the town doesn't have restaurants or shops - as long as it has a library, I am totally content. The library is located at 33 Maple Ave. just off of the main road through Bovina - HWY 6. It is housed in what was once a schoolhouse. It does have internet access in case you can't stand being off the grid. Plus, it's worth chatting with the library director - Marjorie Miller. She's great! Website: www.bovinalibrary.org

Hours:
Tuesday 10:30-3:00
Wednesday 1:00-8:00
Thursday 10:30-3:00
Saturday 9:00-1:00

Summer Hours:
Tuesday 3:30-8:00
Wednesday 1:00-8:00
Thursday 10:30-3:00
Saturday 9:00-1:00

No comments:

Post a Comment