Monday, April 4, 2011

If it's Tuesday, It's Bowling Night In Margaretville


Like the Flight of the Choncords song - "Business Night", Tim and I like to break up our week accordingly and Tuesday night up here in Margaretville is Bowling Night. I know I would make Tim insane if all I did was work on projects. I have to make myself venture out a little and Tuesday night we decided to go wild. First with a dinner at the Bun and Cone - Woo hoo! Nachos, burgers and ice cream. Disgusting. Second, with a game night at the Margaretville Bowling Alley. It turns out that there are only two nights a week that they have open lane night - Tuesdays and Saturdays. We had dinner guests coming Saturday night so the only night we could go was Tuesday. We walked into the Bowling alley feeling less then competent but up to the challenge. I haven't bowled since my twenties but was a pretty good bowler. Michael, the owner, was incredibly friendly and made us feel very comfortable and welcome. There were several lanes full with female leaguers and they were kind of scary so Michael moved us to the farthest lane away as possible. Tim and I grabbed our balls and ordered a couple beers and stepped into our bowling shoes. We had a blast. The bowling alley is old fashioned and hasn't been updated and that was a big plus. Places like this are a goldmine. We had a great time in a great environment that just reminded us of the past. Tim does this hilarious moon walk when he makes a strike or a spare. I couldn't stop laughing. I won. However, I got a blister on my pinky finger. I guess I am a little fragile. My hand modeling career is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment