Saturday, January 9, 2016

Snowblowers, Snowshovels and Roof Heaters... Oh My!




















Someone must have known my mother was moving here from Texas and didn't want to shock her with her first Catskill winter.   We have done everything to prepare for the snow.  After last winter, with all of the snow that accumulated on our roof and we had roof leaks around our roof vents - we came prepared this year.  We bought a brand new snow blower which remains under a tarp aching to be used. We bought a 21 foot roof shovel, heater cables for the north side of the roof and additional snow shovels.  So, where is the snow?  We installed the roof heater cables today.  No one tells you how difficult these little tasks can be.  It took most of the day and forget the manicure - what a booger that was!  Then, while assembling the roof shovel - I somehow managed to slice open the tip of a finger.  My hands were so numb, I did not notice.  However, when Tim fainted from all the blood I suddenly had all over the aluminum shovel - I realized I needed a medic.  Bandaids in place, we finished the heater cables, the shovel assemblage and made a couple of cocktails.  Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment