Monday, February 17, 2014

February Birthday Dinner Party



















We had been planning a birthday dinner party for weeks with our friends and neighbors to celebrate   February birthdays.  Marni, Tim and Stephanie all had birthdays this month and we decided to have one large dinner to celebrate rather then throw separate dinners.

Just getting to the dinner represented a challenge. I had bought cute new Sperry camouflage snow boots and new pants and was determined to wear them.  The challenge was how to get from the house through the snow to the truck without ruining the shoes and pants?  Well, I basically walked through the snow sans pants and just my boxer shorts, coat, sweater and sport shirt in my old LLBeans carrying a tote full of gifts and my new pants and shoes.  My legs were freezing and wet but I dried off and changed into my pants and cute new boots once I got to the truck.  Tim just looked at me - Really?

The dinner party was very nice.  Tim made sauteed mushroom tartlets and ricotta cheese and red onion relish on crostini for appetizers.  I brought the ingredients to make a champagne cocktail called - Barbotage - champagne, cognac, and Grand Marnier - Yum!  Marni made a pork roast and roasted root vegetables for dinner with a sorrel soup.  Stephanie made a chocolate cake with a chocolate ganache and cream cheese frosting for dessert.  It was such a good meal especially on such a cold weekend.  We talked long into the night and had a lovely evening.  Happy Birthday Tim, Marni and Stephanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment