Sunday, April 29, 2012

Trip to Hendersonville NC



I just got back from a week in Hendersonville to visit my Uncle and Aunt who live there.  I had a great time.  Both are so generous.  Got to spend time working with my Uncle in his wood shop and also enjoyed my Aunt's great cooking.  Hendersonville NC is absolutely beautiful and the azaleas were all in bloom.  This is how I remember spring in the Carolinas.  We won't have leaves on the trees here for another month.  My Uncle and I sorted through all these amazing family photos of my Grandparents and my family and thought I would post some of them here.  Incredible pics from the turn of the century of my Great - Grandfather who was mayor of Hickory and owned several businesses including a furniture store, and a funeral home.  Wonderful pics of my grandparents and some surprise pics of me and my brother that my mother had sent him years ago that I had never seen.  It was a great trip and I can't wait to go down again.

No comments:

Post a Comment