Monday, April 16, 2012

Beware of the Empanadas

I had another one of those classic conversations with my mother this morning.  I am in the cab on the way to work and she calls me to warn me about travel to Brazil.  We leave in a couple weeks for Rio for vacation.  She proceeds to tell me that there is a religious cult in Brazil that was just arrested for kidnapping people and eating them.  I guffawed and asked her - "where do you get this stuff?"  My mother is notorious for knowing more about what is going on around me then I do.  Remember the story about our neighbor below us jumping out his window?  I told her she was crazy and to stop watching Fox News.  I get to the office and call Tim to tell him and have a laugh.  As we are talking, I google "Brazil cannibals" and sure enough she is right!  A total Sweeney Todd moment down there.  Making empanadas out of the victims apparently?  I told Tim, we won't be eating local while we are down there! http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/report_cannibals-arrested-for-killing-women-and-cooking-their-flesh_1676543

No comments:

Post a Comment