Sunday, September 6, 2015

The Wrecking Crew




Last night after dinner, we streamed a new documentary called, The Wrecking Crew.  It's this awesome movie about studio musicians from the 60's working in Hollywood at the time and what it was like to make music in that day and era.  It was absolutely fascinating for me and Tim but it brought back great memories for my Mom who lived there during that time and of course was dating a musician at that time who would later be her husband and my father.  He would take her to Capital Records and audition and play for with some of the same people.  It was great listening to her talk about that time period and the music.  I want to run out and buy most of the music we listened to from the movie's soundtrack.  

Years ago, my mother had given me all of her 45's from the 50's in this cute little red metal box with sleeves that protected the records from scratching each other.  I decided to pull it out and tonight while having cocktails on the porch play some of the music for her.  Looking forward to an evening of great 50's and 60's music and cocktails on the porch tonight. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment