Monday, September 7, 2015

Happy Labor Day






























It was just one of those perfect days and weekends.  My Mom was happy.  Tim was happy.  I was happy.  The weather was perfect.  The garden looked amazing.  I felt productive.  Tim gardened and cooked up a storm.  I took care of my Mom and cleaned out the tool shed. Mom slept and ate. Her eyes rolled back in her head with the Green Goddess burgers.  We listened to all her old 45 records and she told stories of her and her best girlfriend, Liz Maclaine, and her little fiat listening to Donna Reese and Fats Domino.  I enjoyed just seeing her happy.  It's been a long year.  Tim dug up all the potatoes, and picked tomatoes, cucumbers, bell pepper and weeded. It was hot but such a beautiful, sunny day. Weekends like this are so few and far between - I was very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment