Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Star Walk



















Because we are upstate, I don't like a lot of technology on the weekends.  No television, movies of course but not much else.  However, one of the gadgets we love is this ap called Star Walk.  At night, with no lights on - we have the most amazing views of the stars at night.  The ap on our IPads will scan the sky around you and identify all of the constellations that you are viewing at any given moment.  I wish I had this as a kid but it's wonderful to use and it brings back memories of how much I loved Greek mythology as a kid.  Not only do you identify the star system but it forces me to remember all of the stories involved around the greek names for the stars.  Plus, it also identifies satellites and space stations in the sky as well.  One of my favorite gadgets to geek on.  It was gorgeous out last night and Tim and I sat there looking up and holding hands and winding down after such a nice weekend and some good leftovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment