Monday, May 25, 2015

Happy Memorial Day!



















This morning as we started to get our day started. I turned on my IPod to put in the window with speakers so we can listen to music while we did yardwork.  The first song to play was Audra McDonald singing Summertime from the production of Porgy and Bess.  Great way to start the day.

Flew home from San Antonio early on Friday, got home switched out my suitcases and Tim and I caught the 3:15 train and were at the house by 7:30.  Could not wait for the weekend.  My middle name is stress right now with work, and taking care of my Mom and dealing with my family.

Saturday, was the first day in weeks that I could honestly say I didn't have a stress headache or pain in my neck and shoulders.  We spent the entire day in the yard, painting fences, planting, mowing, and cleaning.  Afterwards, Tim and I sat in the side yard on our chaises with cocktails in the shade and I could finally feel that I was tired but in a good way and not thinking about anything but ourselves and how beautiful the day had been.

Sunday, much of the same thing, but we hired two guys to come do work for us in the yard because it's too much to manage with all the things that are going on in my life and prep for our annual July party.  With all the heat and little rain, everything is blooming early.  The bleeding hearts were particularly beautiful.  We invited our new neighbors over for cocktails and it's so great meeting and spending time with Jeff and Gisella.  Marni and Mel had us over for dinner and there was fresh radishes, asparagus and rhubarb with our dinner which was delicious.  Today, we just relax and enjoy the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment