Sunday, July 21, 2013

July Gardening



























July is my favorite month of the year.  Despite the last couple hot, rain-less weeks, everything is flourishing.  It is the prettiest time of the year in our garden. Large mounds of daisies and coreopsis in white and yellow everywhere.  The snowball hydrangea bushes outside our back door are huge and beautiful.  The center bed in the garden is so full of daisies, bee balm and hydrangea that we will have to transfer half of everything in the fall.  I started a memory garden for my Dad in the back yard.  My friend, Mary, gave me money towards a bird bath and I created a small berm for the birdbath and planted white scented Rogosa roses with other perrenials.  I cried the entire time planting the berm.   My Mom will like that I did this for him.  It was nice having cocktails in the sideyard in the shade looking at everything in bloom and having a quiet weekend to ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment