Sunday, July 21, 2013

Goodbye Mr. Burns

























It's been a long and painful summer.  My Dad's death in April was particularly difficult and unexpected.  Getting my Mom resettled in a new life has also been challenging.  However, the last 3 weeks have seemed endless as we said our goodbyes to one of the loves of our life.  Mr. Burns, our 15 year old siamese developed kidney failure.  We knew he wasn't feeling well for weeks but couldn't figure out what was wrong and then we took him to the vet and found out that he was very sick.  So, for the past three weeks, we have been trying to make him comfortable, well fed and giving him lots of fluids.  Unfortunately, nothing seemed to be working and his condition got worse very quickly.  We had to say goodbye to him this week.  One of the most difficult things I have had to learn was that our pets will not live with us forever.  My first love, Rupert,  my beloved sheltie, my firstborn and the first to pass and I thought I would never get over it.  Burns was the sweetest most lovable cat.  He only lived to give love back to you.  It was particularly hard for us to finally say goodbye and he will be greatly missed.  We came upstate early this weekend and while we worked in the garden, I know the both of us were thinking about him the entire time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment