Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Upcoming Memorial Day Weekend

With the long weekend coming up, I have a laundry list of projects that I want to start.  However, part of the joy of the projects was when I was finished - I would FaceTime with my parents and show them the projects by camming.  I had given my Dad an IPad for his birthday a few years ago and one of the things we really enjoyed was FaceTime.   Because my parents couldn't get up to NY that often, it would allow them to be as present as possible with what we were doing in the garden or work on the house.  Our wifi worked outside and inside and I could show them a new bed I had put in or new flowers blooming or new wallpaper.  It was so much fun without having them actually being here.

However, I am finding it hard to get motivated for all of the work that begins this weekend.  Somehow a lot of the joy has been taken away because of my Dad's death.  I always loved to please my parents. My Mom doesn't really like the technology so it was something my Dad and I could do.  He seemed like a little kid with a new gadget.  He was thrilled with the cam and how we could share.  My mom gave me back the IPad and I took it home and keep it in case she changes her mind and wants to learn how to use it.  However, I came across photos on the IPad that I took of my Mom and Dad the weekend of his birthday when we gave it to him.  I just cried.  I love our house and garden, it's just that I won't be able to share it with him anymore.  I miss him so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment