Monday, May 27, 2013

One Last Summer Together

























I remember seeing a documentary film, by photographer, Bruce Weber, called The Chop Suey Club.  It was a great movie about personalities he had met during his life and the influence that they had all played in his life.  He had a musician friend and his wife pass away that had lived nearby where they had a summer house.  He put the pictures of the two people on his piano where he could see them while he played his piano so that they could all spend one last summer together.

As I stood in the backyard grilling dinner, I wandered around to the front and looked down at the garden and the pond.  I imagined one last summer with my Dad, my brother, Chris, brother Stephen - where the four of us would be sitting in adirondacks and sharing beers and laughing.  Mom, Christina, Toni would be in the house cooking dinner while Sarah, Chelsea and Devin would be playing in the yard together.  I imagined us having just one last summer together laughing and enjoying each other's company.  Just one perfectly normal summer with each other.  I put everyone's picture on my bedside table and will keep them all close this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment