Monday, August 15, 2011

Weekend In The Country

Pardon the Sondheim reference. Tim had a huge project at work to finish launching this weekend...so...I invited a couple friends up for the weekend to babysit me.  D, an ex-co-worker and J, an ex-neighbor, his two dogs and myself crammed ourselves onto the Metro North train and wedged ourselves into my pickup and drove upstate for the weekend.  Weekends with friends gives me the opportunity to play tourist in this part of the world vs. the city. Saturday, we shopped for antiques at Fisk House, got ice coffee at Blue Bee Cafe, picked blueberries at Country Perennials, had delicious curried egg salad at Lucky Dog, came home and grilled London Broil and had Slab Peach Pie for dessert.  Sunday, shopping at Delaware, Kabinett and Kammer, Tay's teas and a long lunch of green chili enchiladas and tamales at Lupitas in Fleishmans.  Then, home to Tim, Sookie and Burns.  Thanks J and D for keeping me company!

No comments:

Post a Comment