Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Quickie Trellis



QUICKIE TRELLIS
I had some time on my hands and we have a couple weekends with houseguests coming - so no time like the present to tackle one of the projects that I have been putting off for awhile.   In the backyard, there is a section of the house that is pretty blah and I wanted a trellis to break up the space and  add some height until we can start transferring ostrich fern and jasmine this month.  We are fortunate that our property is fairly wooded with a lot of young saplings.  We will eventually have to selectively clear a lot of the saplings in order to let the trees grow to a proper height because otherwise they would choke each other out.  So, I whipped out my trusty hacksaw, electric drill and screwdriver and within a few hours - voila - a trellis.  It measures 8' by 10' and we will start moving plants over the balance of the month.  I have to wire some small Ball jars for votive holders to hang from the trellis - it should look great at night all lit up.

No comments:

Post a Comment