Tuesday, June 7, 2011

We Heart Zombie Movies

Tim and I love Zombie movies and we found a new one to watch this past weekend. "Otto or Up With Dead People" by a favorite filmmaker of mine - Bruce LaBruce. Not for kids and you definitely have to have an open mind and can't be offended by nudity or sex in movies. ( Everyone runs to their Netflix queue to add it). The movie isn't new but I fell in love with a band from the soundtrack. The group is called The Homophones and their song - "Everyone's Dead" is great. I had to really search for it and download a couple versions until I found the recording I wanted. They are a hip band from Philadelphia that has a vintage 80's sound. I am obsessed with the lyrics - "Want to play in the sandbox, want to lick your lollipop, want to swing on the swingset, just to see how high we can get... yeah there's no one around... let's pretend that everyone's dead". I love to make summer music soundtracks and this is definitely on this year's cd. Great way to remember each summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment