Friday, February 14, 2020

Love Notes to Mom




















Mom, how quickly a year goes by.  After four years of filling every waking moment with you mentally and physically, I still can’t seem to get my bearings without you and don’t know how to fill my time.   I think about you every day.  I have taken to writing letters and cards to you whenever I want to talk to you and put them into my journals.  Just like you used to send me thank you cards all the time that I saved, I save this correspondence to you to remind me of how much I miss you.  Last weekend, I had found this baking recipe of these pastries that I decided to make for Valentines Day. Pastry dough shaped envelopes filled with strawberry jam sealed with a heart also made of pastry.  Tim and I made them last Sunday so we could have them for this weekend.  I know you would really have liked them. So much of my time with you was worrying about what to feed you and making sure you had all your favorite things to eat.  As I made them - I thought of you - the pastries are called Love Notes and that is what I decided to call these letters that I write to you. To remind me of how much I miss and love you always. 

No comments:

Post a Comment