Sunday, May 12, 2019

Happy Mother's Day!



















The first weekend I brought Mom home was a mixed bag of feelings. Exhaustion, excitement, nervousness, sadness, happiness. We just wanted to make Mom feel at home upstate and with Tim and I taking care of her. I can't imagine what was going through her mind that weekend and how she felt. I just know how glad I was to have her with me and Tim and to be able to take care of her.  This was one of those perfect moments. Coffee on the back porch with Mom - gorgeous morning and she felt rested and content and I was so happy to have her with me and we just chatted about the garden  and the hydrangeas taking over the back porch.  I miss her terribly. I miss taking care of her. I miss having a hundred things to do for her every day. I miss the person I felt like when I was with her . I don't feel like I have an identity without her.  Our garden is now filled with memories of you - your gardenias, window boxes, and little ladybug garden shoes. Happy Mother's Day, Mom.  Tim and I miss you so much. My little ladybug. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment