Thursday, May 25, 2017

DIY Votive Holders






















Inspired  by Asian pergoda-like lanterns, I was looking for ways to keep from tripping over left over votive holders that I will periodically put in the garden or in the yard or along the driveway to be lit at night.  I have used ball jars and recycled pattern-punched cans and bags of sand but the problem becomes that in the daytime, they get lost, ruined by weather or stepped on.  I needed a very visable but inexpensive way to house votives that are easy to find the next time you want to re-use them.  Single cinder blocks that can age naturally with moss and weather mixed with stones from the yard make for a creative way to stack and stage votives around the pond and acreage without the potential of getting lost or destroyed.  I have heard that spreading yoghurt on the cinder blocks will help to grow moss faster but I am in no hurry and they can age naturally and be left outside year round.

No comments:

Post a Comment