Friday, April 21, 2017

Mom and Lake George

















I found these pics of my Mom from the 1950s when she used to go upstate and visit my Aunt in Lake George.  Her older sister married and moved to Lake George and my mother spent so much time up there visiting her and her family.  She grew up in Mamaroneck right on the sound.  My Grandfather's house was right down the street from the harbor.  She lived in Harbor Island Park. I cannot fathom my mother on a lake or in a boat because she has such a fear of water now.   I guess we were all fearless at one time.  I just remember how much of a tomboy she was - how could you not be with 3 sons?  All the summers, that we went camping in Colorado and New Mexico.  All the summers spent at Canyon Lake in Texas - swimming and boating.  Life takes it's toll - losing children, rocky marriages, and a crazy life as a mother and wife with a husband in the Air Force would do it to anyone.  So much traveling and moving around the world and the States and all the drama it created.  I can understand how fear works it's way into your life.  However, this is the way I want to remember her - fearless, joyful and so full of surprise.  


No comments:

Post a Comment