Sunday, November 15, 2015

Baby Steps



















Trying to take back my weekends.  While taking care of my Mom and trying to make everyone happy, I need to make myself happy. The way to do this is for me to have some time to tackle projects for the house.  The back mudroom was a big task and I started it 2 years ago - I just had some setbacks.  Now that life is back to some sense of semi normal - I can tackle them again - however baby stepping my way in the process.  Tile flooring, bead board paneling, wall paper, paint, cabinetry etc... I finished all the wallpaper this weekend which felt like this massive step forward - although it's probably the easiest task.  I need to finish painting the cabinets next but again - baby steps.  However, it's already looking great.  I hung an old painted enamel clock that I bought years ago from Anthropologie.  I hung a framed Gucci scarf watercolor print with a vegetable garden motif.  I bought this years ago when I worked for a retail store called Frost Brothers and every time I look at it I smile because of such great memories of working there. I love that I have had it in every house I have ever owned and now it is the first thing you see when you enter the mud room.  Feel that this was a big step forward no matter how small the task.

No comments:

Post a Comment