Monday, October 15, 2012

Cookies, Burlap and Christmas Trees

Another wet, cold weekend.  Saturday night was this endless rain and wind.  We did nothing but eat... and eat.  Thank goodness for full pantries, freezers, Netflix and Tim's cooking.  There was a brief, very brief, warm spell Saturday morning and I continued to wrap shrubs and trees with burlap for the winter.  There's a lot more to wrap this Fall then last Fall.  We did so much landscaping this past Summer combined with existing landscaping - I ran out of burlap quickly.  I also noticed that my Fall wardrobe is fitting too snugly and does not quite cover my backside as well as it should with too many cookie trials lately. I had to watch myself when I went to wrap the rhododendrons down at the end of the driveway - didn't want to scare the neighbors and I wasn't even wearing a carpenter's belt.

The Farm Feast plans are well on their way.  I am working on the xmas decorations for the Fall Feast which is the first weekend of December and we are all very excited.  I challenged myself to making the table top decorations and I was warned that I may have taken on too much work for myself.  I was determined and locked myself into my man cave basement with my laptop playing Itunes, my jig saw, several pieces of plywood  and a couple cocktails.  I didn't want to get too thirsty down there with all the sawdust.  I know what you are saying - "isn't that dangerous to operate machinery and drink at the same time?"  Don't worry. I am a sturdy drinker.  I keep my wits about me and I am a staunch wood worker.

Needless to say, hours later after 4 trees were cut out,  I had to call it quits.  My hand was crippled.  I was hungry and just a little tipsy.  4 trees down, 11 more to cut out, and then all of them have to be spray painted, covered in glitter and lit up.   Hmmmm?

I might be going to Michael's Craft Store this week to check out some options.   No amount of vodka is going to get me through this project.  However, dinner was delicious and the oatmeal, cherry cookies were soooo good!  If I have to give up somewhere - it's definitely the trees, not the cookies - tight jeans or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment