Monday, July 25, 2011

Please Sir Can I Have Some More....Pyrex!


It is an acquired taste, however, nothing makes me happier then when I buy another piece of Pyrex. It reminds me of my childhood. My role in my family was food taster. It would lead to a lifetime of food addiction. My mother made the best potato salad and I had to determine whether it needed more mustard, mayonnaise, salt or pepper. She always made it in her yellow solid Pyrex bowl. Everything was prepared in either her multi-colored stackable solid Pyrex bowls or her blue and white Amish patterned casserole dishes. I have amassed quite an assortment since then and these are some pics of our stacked sets. My mother gave me her original solid set when I left home years ago and I think of her every time I use those bowls.


No comments:

Post a Comment