Thursday, July 7, 2011

The IPod Saved My Life Tonight

I am a late adopter. I realize that. I think I waited almost a decade before I bought my first cd player. I am not an ear-thingy person. I have really small ears and it really hurts to put ear buds in my ear. I never had a Walkman, and I have never had a long commute so there was never a need to be plugged in to anything to get to work. However, I am a terrible sleeper. I used to take my laptop to bed to watch Netflix movies because I would wake up in the middle of the night and the only thing that put me to sleep was watching a movie. Tim was ready to kill me because of the blinding light from my laptop which would wake him up. So, what has saved our relationship is that I finally bought an Ipod and discovered podcasts and use the Ipod to listen to podcasts at night to put me back to sleep. The only issue now is that I never get to finish the podcasts. I listen to NPR "This American Life", "Splendid Table", "Wait, Wait Don't Tell Me", Dan Savage, Moth Podcast, Selected Shorts, etc...But I never get to finish them because they do the job and put me back to sleep almost immediately. Now, I have to find the time to re-listen to the podcasts before I re-sync my Ipod. It is so time consuming, between emails, Facebook, Blogging, Podcasts... how does anyone find time to read or have a normal life? Awww.... technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment