Monday, May 2, 2011

Charlie Brown Spring - Seriously?

We ordered a ton of plants for Spring and we got one of the shipments this week. One catalog had great value for small trees and shrubs for naturalizing around the property. When I went to the post office to pick up the delivery, our cute mail person, Janet, hands me this small bag through the teller window. With how large the order was, I expected her to have me meet her at the back door or tell me to bring help. I drove back to the house and opened the bag filled with these tiny little twigs with some scraggly roots. I was really disappointed. I know the price was good but seriously, they are barely twigs. The evergreens were the most substantial and at best, I was having a Charlie Brown moment. I will be dead before these ever become saplings. However, I took my time and spent the entire day planting 40 forsythia bushes, 6 evergreens, 12 birch trees, 1 butterfly bush, 6 peonies, 6 lupines, 2 hydrangea, 6 potatoes, and 4 fruit trees. I had a fabulous day.

No comments:

Post a Comment