Monday, May 9, 2011

A Lovely Dinner Party

After a gorgeous but exhausting day in the yard on Saturday, Tim and I had to scrub off the manure, potting soil and sweat and try to make ourselves presentable. Our friends, M & M, decided to throw a dinner party for a few neighbors. New-ish neighbors, J & C, had everyone over to their home first on our "block" for cocktails and appetizers. They have a lovely 1800's home that Tim and I have admired for some time. I could live in their kitchen which occupies one entire side of the house with a large dining table and fireplace centered in the room. The kitchen is bigger then my old West Village apartment. I love kitchens that have fireplaces and before J & C bought the house, Tim and I had peeked in the windows of the home many times drooling over this space. We are really happy that the house is now owned and loved by these two very nice people. In addition to our group on Coulter Brook Rd., M had invited our friends - S and J from Delhi. The kitchen of this house is great for entertaining with everyone standing around or sitting at the large dining table in front of the fire.

We all got into our cars and then drove to M & M's home which sits on top of a hill and has the most amazing views of our valley. It was a beautiful evening and we walked through their garden and got to play with Chloe, their adorable full-figured cat. Great food, great conversation with great neighbors. The highlights of our evening were not only the Basque inspired meal but C and I discovered we had a mutual obsession with an old TV show - "Dark Shadows" which Tim and I love to watch on weekends. J and I discussed Peter Greenaway films, another obsession of mine, and S, Tim and I talked about dessert recipes well into the evening. It was a very nice party, thank you M & M for having us. This is why I love living here.

No comments:

Post a Comment