Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Snowcatrastophe

Snow like this traumatizes me. I lived in Montana when I was 8 years old and my dad was stationed at Great Falls, AFB. My mom would come out of the house and find me passed out face down in the snow after two minutes with asthma problems. So, for out first winter up here, it makes me very nervous. I love Bovina and I love the catskills. I love four seasons and I don't mind having some snow but this is insane. Even with snowshoes, we are chest deep in snow. Tim and I have a long way to retirement but this is part of our long range plan. A cottage in the mountains and an apartment in the city - perfect right? Tim, however loves disaster movies and thinks that this is all part of the climate change and believes that this will all end badly. He pre-bought tickets to the movie '2012." I am slightly more hopeful that this is a freak storm and that we will never see this kind of snow ever again... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment