Monday, February 15, 2010

Nothing could be finer then to be in Boviner

Bovina Center, NY... what was I thinking? It was post 9/11 and I was sick of the city and wanted someplace to get out of Manhattan. Tired of Fire Island, expensive shares, and the people that it attracted... I just wanted some place to spend my summers where it was quiet, beautiful and nowhere near Manhattan. I loved camping and spent the first couple of summers dealing with tent worms, black flies, Lug-a-loo, amazing blue skies and green forests. By the end of my second summer, I was totally in love with this place but it was getting a little bit lonely. How was I supposed to drag a guy up here and not scare the Hell out of him when I handed him the Lug-a-loo?

Then I met Tim.

Adorable, funny, HOT ( Tim told me I had to add that), and a good sport...I dragged him up the first couple summers and we built our first gardens together and had campfires and lay wrapped together in sleeping blankets, looking at the stars. In 2009, I sold my West Village apartment and we moved in together into Tim's apt in Manhattan and built a house in Bovina. This blog is about our experiences here.

2 comments: