Thursday, February 25, 2010

"How Did You Lose Your Hyphen, Possums?"

Awesome night the other night...It was Tim's birthday, so I took him out for dinner to one of his favorite Thai restaurants. Thai restaurants are taking over the neighborhood near our apt in the city. We have Yum Yum One, Yum Yum Two, Yum Yum Three and Pam's Real Thai and Pam's Real Thai Encore. Seriously, these people need to be a little more creative with their franchise. We went to Yum Yum Two for a change and had a couple lychee martinis. Tim ordered his favorite entree there - Drunken Beef ( I thought that was my nickname?). I had something... I really don't remember after the second lycheetini. It was spicy.

Then, I took Tim to see Michael Feinstein and Dame Edna in "All About Me" which opened this week. We had first row orchestra seats and it was totally worth it. I have had a crush on Michael Feinstein since the 80's and I absolutely love Dame Edna. Michael's voice amazes me and DE can make me soil my Depends. Great combination. I actually got to shake her hand from my seat and both Tim and I were handed gladiolas for the gladiola sing-a-long. Hilarious. Tim loved it.

2 comments: