Sunday, August 14, 2022

Memories

I joined an Air Force Brats group on Facebook. Some of my favorite memories are of growing up as a military family. One of the greatest gifts my Dad gave me was our life in the service. So many amazing places to live and the military takes very good care of the families who are there to support their servicemen. I used to hate it some times - all the travel and having to say goodbye to friends. However, I feel fortunate to have been given the gift of travel and that experience. It has made me the person that I am. I brought my Mom back here in 2015 to take care of her and it was an amazing gift for me to do that for her. When we brought her back, we brought a lot of her things that were souvenirs of all of those years of travel. Now that she is gone, her bedroom remains the same. All of those knick knacks there to remind me of her and our lives together. It's like stepping back in time. I love the comfort of walking into her bedroom and seeing things that I have known since I am a child. Her bottle of Shalimar on her dresser, her old jewelry box which always fascinated me as a treasure box when I was a kid. My Dad bought it for her in Thailand. I miss her so much but the her old room gives me comfort. I miss you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment