Sunday, November 8, 2020

Winter Project #1 - Bookcase Shelving


 











Several years ago, I ordered a bookcase for our dining room.  I waited all day for it to be delivered and finally at 9 pm at night in snow it got delivered and dumped in the side yard of our house.  It was not supposed to be assembled because it was too big to get through the door of the door of the house. I had to disassemble it in the dark and somehow get it through the back door to put in the dining room. There was damage to the shelving for the bookcase and it was missing screws.  Restoration Hardware where I ordered the original bookcase discounted the bookcase, sent me four sets of screws and two sets of replacement shelves for the bookcase. The first set of shelves fit another bookcase and the second set was 5 shelves when I only needed two.  Needless to say, it was the last order I ever placed with them.  I set the shelves aside knowing I would try and figure out what to do with them at some point. 

Several years later, I finally got around to doing something with them.   We are still in the midst of remodeling the basement and I needed bookcase shelving for the dinette area downstairs.  I made four ladders out of 2x2's  for the shelves and painted them to match the finish on the shelving and anchored them to the wall.  Voila, instant bookcase.  It looks great and is already filled with games and puzzles for the basement.  I have a couple more projects in store for the basement and am looking forward to tackling those soon. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment