Sunday, January 5, 2020

Mom and Christmas






















My Mom was Christmas.  She loved the holidays and loved her family around her. She would go to so much trouble buying gifts and cooking for everyone for the holiday. I miss her so much right now. I tried to channel my best Italian as I prepared our Christmas dinner this year.  My Mom would always host and she made so much food that I always asked her what army she thought she was cooking for?  Lasagna, ham, deviled eggs, potato salad, baked beans, 7 layer dip, and so much more. She would start cooking the morning of at the crack of dawn.  I would fly in and start helping her but she did most of it herself.  She was never happier then cooking and entertaining for us kids. Here she is in our old kitchen in the late 70s - yellow formica and appliances and Tupperware that I have now which is still in great condition.  I miss waking up Christmas morning to hear her cooking and smell food already well on it's way for our dinner. I love you Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment