Sunday, February 1, 2015

A Doggy Weekend


It was a dog-filled weekend. I love animals.  I have always had dogs, cats, birds, mice, rabbits, fish.... you name it.  I don't think a house is a home without animals.  Animals make a house come alive.  Our friend, Jerry, spent the weekend with us and brought his dog, Raineer, an adorable dachshund that I have known for the past 14 years.  Jerry was a neighbor of mine in my old West Village apt. and I used to babysit for his dog all the time. This dog is as much a part of my history as it is Jerry's.  It was so much fun having him and Jerry upstate.  Raineer is getting a little old and his teeth are mostly gone and his little tongue hangs out the side of his mouth but he is as adorable as he always has been.  Despite the snow and cold, the house felt alive with this little soul running through our house.  We had a great weekend.  Lunch and shopping in Delhi and dinner at Mountain Brook Inn.  Gary, who owns the inn,  has a new "puppy" - a gorgeous St. Bernard named Otis.  At the end of the evening, Otis joined all the diners and like a great host - mingled with all of the diners.  He is beautiful and sweet and made the evening.  I really need a dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment