Sunday, November 25, 2012

Xmas Spirit

Thanksgiving was quick and fun - too quick.  For a food holiday it should last longer.

However, it's now time for Christmas and because last year I was accused of not having much spirit - I am determined to jump into the fray and get it started.  I put up our tree (we have to have an artificial one because I am allergic to some evergreens) and I love silver artificial trees.  If it's going to be artificial, I don't want it to fake being something it isn't.

The act of unpacking the ornaments is part of the magic and memory of the holiday.  Each ornament retains a little magic of holiday's past and that's what gets me in the mood.  Tim will be happy this year despite my bah humbug attitude.

Farm Feast is next weekend.  So, I finished making the flood lights for the hall. Have to pick up more candles but next week is it so I hope a lot of people come - the food will be fantastic and although it's in a different location - it should be just as festive.  



l

No comments:

Post a Comment