Sunday, September 16, 2012

CANNING SHELVES


So while Tim canned veggies all day yesterday, I built the shelves in the basement to store them.  We work well that way.  He cans, I store, he cooks, I eat. Nice thing about our basement - when they poured the concrete they left all these metal cleats in the walls. Now, all I have to do is attach the 2x2's to the cleats and it's really easy shelving to build.  Unlike the project two weeks ago when I had to completely rebuild all the shelving and rods in the master bedroom closet.  I had to put in 2x4 studs and shelving - it is like an ark in the closet.  Tim loves the pantry shelves in the basement  and it was so easy that it will inspire me to get more shelving up during the winter for all the tools and junk we have lying around everywhere.  With the shelving and the snowflakes - my hands were crippled.  I have to be careful, my hands are my livelihood.  As it is, doing graphics all day is enough to feel crippled.

No comments:

Post a Comment