Saturday, April 1, 2017

Winter Cleaning



























One of my winter projects was to clean out my old office desk.  It's a large cabinet that I bought at Crate and Barrel years ago but works quite well.  However, I have been cramming stuff into it and neglecting it for awhile and I really had to clean it out and set it up to be more usable.  It took me 3 days to clean out and I added some of my favorite things.  My vintage Smith Corona portable typewriter that I restored thanks to a great website called OldTypewriter.com which had old keys and lots of ink ribbons.  My old MAC computer that is practically useless and is vintage in it's own right. Artwork and some things that I was given from my grandfather.  A wooden cup holder he had made  by hand.  Tools that he used as a refrigerator engineer for the Frick company.  A photograph of him in his workshop in his basement.  Pics of my family when I was young and we lived in the Philippines.  I sit there and listen to my old Itunes and look at all these things I love and it makes paying bills so much more tolerable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment