Saturday, April 1, 2017

Master Bathroom Update




















The master bath is coming along nicely.  I put up all the new bead board paneling which I painted black - leftovers from the mud room.  The flooring is leftover tile from the mud room as well.  Both present their own issues.  The black matte paint shows up every fingerprint or bit of sawdust so it's going to be a high maintenance bathroom.  The flooring is a nightmare. I pulled apart the original allover black and white hex pattern to make a new engineered border design.  I had to pull all the black tiles off and some of the white ones to create the new pattern.  What a nightmare, I now have a gazillion individual tiles that have to be glued in place.  My back is killing me and I have adhesive caught in my arm hair and my arms are raw from trying to get the glue out of the arm hair.  It's very slow but I love how it looks.  I will think twice before I do this ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment