Saturday, April 1, 2017

Joy List - Mom and Winter


It has been a long winter especially for my Mom.  She has not been able to walk and is having a difficult time dealing with being shut in so long.  I try my best to amuse her - different food for lunch, watching movies together and lately - playing cards.  We play a game of Solitaire every time I see her - her eyesight isn't good and it helps us amuse ourselves and we chat while we play cards together.  I deal and sort the cards and call them out for her. We had a couple warm days and I took her for a drive around the Pepactan Reservoir one day.  It was sunny and warm and we drove around the Reservoir and just held hands and listened to Michael Buble sing standards.  It was such a nice day and got her out of the house and although we didn't talk much - we had a nice time.  My Mom has always had beautiful hands.  They are so smooth and soft.  She hates the blood thinners she has to take because they spot her hands with blood.  She took so much pride in her hands.  

I have kept what I call my Joy List.  It's some of the happiest moments and memories in my life recorded in a book.  I have kept it most of my adult life.  It's    now several books and I have never posted it publicly but think that it's a nice thing to add to the blog.  Today was one of those memories.  Just the  two of us being together on  a beautiful winter's day and how soft her hands feel and the quietness of our time together.                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment