Sunday, April 7, 2019

Emerging











































Mom passed on February 22nd.  It has been a rough month.  I feel lost and there are constant reminders of her everywhere. Some of the reminders are beautiful and parts are so incredibly sad. I can't look at photos of her at all. I am actually glad that we are postponing the service for a couple months. I don't know how I could deal with standing in front of people at the moment.

In the meanwhile, life proceeds.  My parent's urn was delivered.  I think it turned out beautiful. I walk by and touch it everyday and just cry. I am having issues thinking about putting it into the ground.

Mom's gardenias started blooming and the living room smells amazing. There are a couple months before the pots can go back outside. The smell reminds me of her and the shrubs she used to nurse in front her home in Texas.

I used to sing this song - "Mama, A Rainbow" to her all the time. It speaks to how much I loved her and would have given her anything to make her happy. The last week of her life, I noticed that someone had colored a rainbow and taped it to her bedroom wall. When I saw it, I cried.  After she passed, I took it off the wall and framed it. It sits on my bedside table. Somehow, my Mom had given me my rainbow that I had promised her all these years.  She couldn't have given me a better reminder of her love.

No comments:

Post a Comment