Saturday, May 24, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend - Finally!

























It's been weeks since we have seen the light of day or the light of Bovina.  After I came back from San Antonio and moving my Mom into a new assisted living home and driving a U-Haul with my parent's stuff back to NY - then I jumped right into a new job - I am exhausted.

We missed most of Spring.  Everything bloomed and we have so much work to do to catch up.  I started a new job - VP of design for a new textile firm out of India.  I think I was in the office two weeks and then had to fly to Mumbai to meet co-workers in the Mumbai office and tour our factories.  May in India isn't pleasant - too hot and humid.  I traveled sick with a chest cold and couldn't speak for a couple days - cause I had lost my voice.

I stayed at this beautiful hotel - the Palladium in Mumbai.  (Photo of lobby seen above.) So pretty, great restaurants and a wonderful roof top bar.  I was traveling with my boss and we had a great time despite melting into puddles in front of each other doing factory tours.  Nothing makes you feel more humble then sitting in your own pool of man sweat.

Stopped in London quickly to do some market shopping and then had to fly back and get back into the swim of things.

Then, we flew a friend of ours into the city for her 50th birthday and spent 3 days shopping, eating and seeing a couple new shows.

So, we have been busy.  Today, we went to the dump, to the post office, grocery shopped, had the truck inspected, shopped for a wood chipper, pulled down all the deer fencing, took out all the pots and garden ornament and then took a break.  It's going to be a long weekend.  I am so tired at the moment.  Tim is making a batch of gazpacho while I just have a couple cocktails and then Mel and Marni are coming over and we are meeting friends in Fleishman's for mexican food.  It has been raining off and on all day.  A couple bottles of wine and some good food after an exhausting day will be nice.  Happy Memorial Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment