Saturday, March 22, 2014

Mothers and Sons



















What is it about our Mothers that strikes such a chord?  They protect us.  They are our first loves.  They are our world for so much of our childhood.  I adore my Mother. It breaks my heart with what she has had to go through in the last few years with my Brother's death in 2005 and then my Dad's death last year.   There is nothing I can do that can make up for her loss.  The hardest part of our lives is when we become their protectors.  I feel I can't do enough to keep all the pain away.  We both enter a new phase of our lives and our roles shift and change and all I can hope for is the grace and patience and ability to meet this challenge. I love you, Mom. You are everything to me.   Years ago, I was in this small community theatre show called "Minnie's Boys" and this was one of my favorite songs.


What do you give to the lady
Who has given all her life
And love to you?
What do you give
To the reason you`re livin`?
I could windowshop the world
Before I`m through.

Mama, a rainbow,
Mama, a sunrise,
Mama, the moon to wear.
That`s not good enough,
No, not good enough.
Not for mama.

Mama, a palace.
Diamonds like doorknobs.
Mountains of gold to spare.
That`s not rich enough,
Not half rich enough,
Not for mama.
Mama, a lifetime,
Crowded with laughter,
That`s not long enough,
Not half long enough.

What can I give you
That I can give you?
What will your present be?
Mama young and beautiful.
Always young and beautiful.
That`s the mama I`ll always see,
That`s for mama with love from me.






No comments:

Post a Comment