Monday, January 16, 2012

DIY PROJECT: Guest Bathroom Floor Tile

DIY: Guest Bathroom Floor Tile

So - tile, grout and I don't mix well.  I love to lay tile but I hate to grout.  It's only taken the last year to finish the kitchen island and backsplash with subway tile.  The tile went up very quickly but the grout - not so quickly.  Grouting vertically is very different from grouting horizontally.  I prefer to be horizontal.  (With a cocktail). The kitchen is almost finished but I started on the bathroom because the tile I ordered finally arrived.  I got so excited and I wanted to take advantage of a 3 day weekend and the tile went down in an afternoon. I have some trimming and cutting still to do but it's quickly grout time.  Tim laughs because I have already started hemming and hawing. I will put it off till next weekend.  However, I love the tile - chocolate marble cut into hexagon mini tile.  It looks great!  Anyone want to give me a hand?

4 comments:

  1. The dish looks delicious. Want to try it one of these days for my family in our gatherings. You might also want to visit www.gourmandia.fr and www.everythinglemon.com for more exciting recipes that you'll surely love. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sellina,
      Thanks for your comments, we will definitely look at the two sites you recommended. Thanks for the feedback.

      Delete
  2. Is this the type of tile that you ordered? It looks like a chocolate marble cut into a hexagon mini tile. I guess it is. It would really be hard to grout it this time, because it is cut into smaller tiles. heheh. Anyway, I think those tiles will look good if partnered with Nxai Sand mosaic tiles. Don't you think?

    Alana Geikie

    ReplyDelete
  3. To be honest - grouting to me is always a chore no matter how small or large the area is. It is a chocolate marble cut into hexagons. The shape is very casual but using a more elegant material and I like the combination. It is so easy to put down and the only problem is that marble has to be cut different then normal tile and because of all the graining can be more difficult to cut. However , we were really happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete