Sunday, February 11, 2018

My Ladybug







There has been a ladybug floating around my Mother's bedroom and plants and window in her room for a couple weeks.  I watch it while I feed her and talk to her.  I love Ladybugs.  My Mom's nickname is Ladybug.  She had a gold ladybug watch that she wore around her neck for years when I was young. The watch wore out but she kept it in her jewellery box for all these years. I would look in her jewellery box and that ladybug would be sitting there for as long as I can remember. When I moved her back here and I put her jewellery box in her bedroom. I took the ladybug and put it on my bedside table along with some objects of my Dad's too. I have always thought of Ladybugs as these beautiful sweet creatures who were delicate and frail and you had to be so careful of taking care of them and not hurt them. I know of their symbolic nature. I can't help but feel overanxious constantly right now.  For Valentine's day, I made some mini cupcakes and had a ladybug and heart theme. Tim made an amazing lunch - baked ham, green beans and twice baked potatoes to take her for lunch.  I hope it's a nice day.    































































































No comments:

Post a Comment