Sunday, February 12, 2017

Bath Remodel





























Winter Projects.  Trying to update the master bath room.  Even though I am still not finished with trimming the back hallways which was a major project. I am slow and detailed. I had a lot of tile and bead board left over so I started working on the master bath room.  It doesn't need a lot but I decided to use some of the left over materials from the back mudroom but make it work for the bathroom. The bathroom originally had a doorway from the back hallway so that you could access the bath from the hallway.  However, I thought I could use more storage and walled up the doorway giving me this alcove area in the bathroom.  The only issue was that I couldn't completely close off the space because the bathroom heat vent was in the space and I just didn't want to move it.  I framed out a doorway and put up louvered bifold doors so that the heat could still circulate.  I am taking the same white bead board from the back hallway and painting it black for the master bath and all the trim will be black.  I took the same tile leftover and reconfigured the tile to stripe and border in the bath.  I made the shower curtains and window coverings from a birch jacquard fabric I bought.  I have to paint the cabinets and frame out the mirrors and replace the lighting but I made a good dent in the project this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment