Sunday, June 4, 2017

Porch Arbor






















I bought these old wooden brackets several years ago and have been trying to figure out where to use them.  I picked them up at the great architectural salvage place nearby. I decided that I would make a front porch arbor over the front door.  The brackets were in bad shape but made well but I had to do a lot of repair work to them.

Also, I need to reinforce them to make them stronger.  I took the router and created a surface area on the back side of the bracket.  This way, I could attach heavy metal brackets to reinforce them that would be hidden.  The brackets will sit inside a cedar 2x4 frame and I practiced making the bevels on the band saw to get them perfect.  That was all I could get done this afternoon. However, tomorrow, I will bevel the cedar and attach them and then paint them. I love geeking out on the band saw!

No comments:

Post a Comment